Thursday 9 May 2013

Two books published by friends- well- one by a very dear friend and one by a new-ish acquaintance. Both hugely enjoyable and well-worth getting.

One is another Trio of Tales by the lovely Judy Cullen (aka Caledonia Skytower in Second Life).
This is a trio of Cat Tales, two of which I have already been privileged to hear Cale reading- and she does that so well. I am looking forward to a quiet moment to read the third tale. Here is the URL. If you have a Kindle, download it NOW!!! If you love paper, than I think you can order a paper copy of it too, which is better really coz you can get to see the nice pic on the cover. Hmmmmm which shall I do? 
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trio-Cat-Tales/dp/1484910931/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1368111047&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=Judy+Cullen+Trio+of+Cat+Tales

The second book is A Funny Way with Words, by John Lanyon et al ( I put his name coz he is the one I know, but his isn't top on the list of names on the cover. This is four guys who write poetry and are friends. Lots of it is funny, but some is just good. It's laid out in funky ways inside, and you don't know who wrote which poem, which is kind of cool- but I wanted to know so I could get an idea of the individuality of each of the poets. The four of them all fit together really well, there is a kind of boyish humour to them, lots of play on words and enjoying playing with different shapes and so on  - you know- that guy thing.  .I just sat and laughed, mulled and enjoyed myself immensely for a couple of hours on the train to London yesterday. Great for dipping into but I know I'm going to be bookmarking some and sharing them with friends at poetry groups in Second Life.  
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Funny-Way-Words-Rob-Stepney/dp/1902279484/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1368111407&sr=1-1&keywords=a+funny+way+with+words


No comments:

Post a Comment