Thursday 9 May 2013

Looking back over my posts I realize that I intended to post up something for Bealtaine, but never did so.  Here are the prayers and poems I used at the virtual celebration I did in my virtual world, which is all my present life permits. 

BEALTAINE


You are passion and fire, my Lady. You are the joining of opposites that makes a whole. You are the heart's desire, the life's quest for the courage to be. 
You step through the woods as the birds calling out in song and bright plumage,  
as young life burgeoning in the den, 
as the green leaf on branch and field. 
Our hearts cry out in longing for you, Lady and Lord.  Our Beloved comes! 

Beloved

Every living thing calls out for its beloved 
Isn’t the heart a hunter?
Even the thistle flower turns to the sun
And opens herself, shuddering with pleasure,
To the moth’s delicate sipping.

Only unity,
Stepping into the moment, 
Opening to another,
Brings clarity,
Release,
And a touch of the divine.  

c. Cath Blackfeather/Dubhna Rhiadra

No comments:

Post a Comment