Saturday 2 March 2013


A drunk poem


So 
When did this become the plan for my life?
When I said
I'd walk my own path
I didn’t know I meant
Alone

When I said I'd walk the path of integrity,
Be true to myself,
Come what may
Somehow
I thought there'd be another
Who'd walk it with me.

Not this, half drunk
Aloneness
In the middle of the night.
This surreal moment of pinpoint awareness
Shared with none.

But I'd still rather my life than theirs.
Those ones who gave up their
Bright crystal beauty and selfness
To be … what?
A shadow of what they were given
In that moment when they chose birth,
To come again?
Was that what they chose?
To live an eroded life.
Rounding off the rough corners 
Of their given beauty.
Not to pulse in the darkness
An explosion of glory
A green shoot of life
That knows its way
To the light. 



No comments:

Post a Comment