Saturday 8 June 2013

Long time since I've had time to post anything.
I've been working hard on getting my next novel ready to publish on Amazon- still a bit of a way to go. It's called the Crossing Place and is around 11,500 words - so not a magnum opus, but people have said they enjoyed it when I read it out to a couple of groups in SL.  I sold over 200 copies of Mitchie on the free promo - thank you all for getting it.  I did put an advert for it up on an online magazine, that cost me £100, just to see if that is a useful way to promote it- so far there is no evidence that it has sold a single copy since the ad went up.  I will have a short story coming out in the same magazine soon and there will be a plug for the book with that- so let's see if any of that has any effect. 

As I was just finishing the work on that story my movement teacher read a poem to us that just seemed to be what the story was about.  I actually thought the poem contained the words 'Crossing Place' but it is only 'crossing'. The story is about an event that causes six people who are caught up in it to make decisions that change the way they have been living, changes that have been long overdue, but they were unable to take the necessary steps until they had a bit of supernatural help. This poem is about how each of us is a kind of secretion from the interaction between our thoughts and what happens to us.



Stigmata.

The womb is the world. The child is made from all sides.
Throughout months, years. It is not me.
It is at the crossing of my thinking body and the flux of tiny living events.
that the thing is secreted.

Helene Cixous

No comments:

Post a Comment