Friday 22 February 2013

Daily Poetry Diary

Here is a poem I composed at a dance/movement workshop. We were working from movement and found-objects in our immediate surroundings. Each object would evoke a memory and association from which we danced. The poetry came from that.  


A Rusty Metal Pillar by the Sea. 

Opening. 
Shedding my particles into the surround,
Basking in the sunlight, 
Salt entering my swelling metal and stripping me.
I flake into my surround and grow and crumble.
It will all change back and become anew.

I sing and know my strength
Swaying I stand solid.
The spray cascades over me.
I insist on changing,
Rust bubbling under paint 
Bursting the confines 
And becoming what it will.
You can't keep me the same.
Your en-shelling paint is weeping
The stains of me breaking free.
 
Cath Blackfeather

No comments:

Post a Comment